Saturday, April 28, 2012

Review: Call Me Princess by Sara Blaedel

This is one of those books that popped up as "if you like Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" you'll like this.

I did like it.  It's not really all that much like Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but still worth reading if you like crime stories.  The story takes place in Copenhagen and the main character is a detective named Louise Rick.  As if her job isn't stressful enough, she's also trying to deal with some upheaval in her personal life.

The case she's working on involves women being killed by someone they've met through an online dating service.  Sort of confirmed everything I think about online dating. 

It's a typical detective story, police procedural, but that's my favorite kind of book.

I was looking forward to reading other books in this series, but most of the series hasn't been translated to English yet.  I'm hopeful though.  I liked this book and this character, and think I would enjoy this series.

Update: I now have two other books from this series - very happy about that.  Probably won't read them until this summer, when I have plenty of free time to enjoy a good mystery or two. 1/28/2013

No comments: