Sunday, February 09, 2014

Review: Cursed by Cupid by Wendy Sparrow

Very cute, quick story about someone who has a lot of bad luck with regard to dating.  I think a lot of people can relate to this.  In this story, Tilly credits her bad luck to a chain letter she ignored.  She has all kinds of examples to back up her theory.  Then she meets Bryant, after tripping and spilling her milkshake all over the front of his store. 
 
Even though this is a fairly short story - lunch break read I think I may have seen it called - the characters are still well developed and interesting.  Reading this, you find yourself really hoping that Tilly and Bryant can figure out a way to break this curse, real or imagined.  Though, after analyzing some of the situations, Bryant points out that these incidents might be more beneficial than harmful.  Lots of humorous incidents.  I enjoyed this quite a bit.  Sometimes, I need something I know I can read in one sitting, usually before bed - because I don't want to make a commitment to a longer book, or need a break from whatever else I might be reading.  This worked well for one of those nights.

No comments: