Sunday, January 31, 2016

Review: One Sizzling Night by Jo Leigh

I've read two other books by this author, and loved both of them, so I was looking forward to reading this book. But this one didn't really work for me.

I never felt any sort of strong connection to the characters. I didn't find the story line involving their jobs - the security firm and art theft and all that - to be very interesting. The relationship between the characters felt forced and their sex a bit more athletic than what I consider to be sexy. They were both these amazing people always trying to impress each other with their strength and abilities. I guess I just didn't like them very much and grew tired of reading about how skilled and talented they were. Also, it felt like it took me forever to read this because I didn't care much about the story.

Overall, kind of a disappointing read.

I received a copy of this via NetGalley.





No comments: