Sunday, October 20, 2013

Review: A Duchess in the Dark by Kate McKinley

I wanted something quick to read one night because I was in the middle of several long, drawn out storied and needed a change.  This worked perfectly.  It’s not very long and can be read in one sitting.

I liked this quite a bit. I had low expectations, because quite honestly most stories listed as erotic novellas aren't all that great. But this was a cute story. It's a little silly - Daphne is trying to climb into her boyfriend's bed to "compromise" herself so that her brother-in-law with have to allow them to marry. But it's dark, and she's nervous and she climbs into the wrong man's bed. I liked that the story wasn't the usual - they had sex, instantly fell in love and that's it. Turned out, there was a bit of history between the characters, they'd been eyeing each other for years, never thinking there was a chance they could be together, so that was nice.

Anyway, the characters are very likable and I look forward to reading more by this author.

I received a review copy of this via NetGalley. 
 
This has a release date of December 3, 2013.

No comments: