Monday, August 16, 2010

Random book talk - coincidence, TV and movies

After I finished Suite Francaise, I started reading Sara Paretsky's Hardball.  I don't usually like reading books that are part of a series unless I've read all the books in the series.  But for some reason, I decided to go ahead and read this.  I'd seen a pop up add that said if I liked Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, I should read Hardball.
I was checking out a stack of books, I saw Hardball on the new release shelf, so I got it.

On page 110, VI Warshawski is reading Suite Francaise.  I thought that was an odd coincidence, since I just finished reading that book.

In other book news, I'm really liking the show, Rizzoli and Isles.  I checked out a couple of the books -- including the first one (because I like to start at the beginning of a series).  Hope I like it.

And on the subject of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - I read they've cast the part of Lisbeth Salander.  I've never heard of the actress - Rooney Mara, but she has a huge job ahead of her, taking on the role of possibly the coolest fictional character ever!  I really like the casting of Daniel Craig and Robin Wright.  In the Swedish movie, I didn't think the person playing Erika was attractive enough.  I loved the person playing Lisbeth, but I had quite a few issues with the movie.  They changed several things from the movie.  I'm looking forward to the new version.

No comments: