Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Review: The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton

This was such a good book. A little slow in the beginning, wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

This is the story of Laurel, trying to figure out the story behind a disturbing incident that happened during her childhood. She was witness to her mother doing something shocking. Now her mother is in her 90s, and nearing the end of her life. Laurel wants to know the story. And what a story it is.

The story is told in flashbacks and revealed through Laurel's research. I thought I'd figured it out mid-way, then was certain I was wrong, only to realize I'd been correct, at least partially.

Great story, completely held my interest.  My favorite scenes were those that took place during the war.  The setting and characters are vividly described.

Didn't have the happy ending I was hoping for, but did have a much happier ending than what I was dreading.

I highly recommend this story for an intriguing, sweet war time romance and mystery.

No comments: