Sunday, February 28, 2016

Review: Paris Winter by Imogen Robertson

I decided I wanted to read this after spending my morning at an art museum, in particular viewing a Caillebotte exhibit. I wanted to read a book set in France, something that involved art and this seemed like the perfect choice.

But I didn't enjoy this book very much. I never felt any sort of connection with these characters. I knew the story was tragic, and horrible things were happening, but I simply didn't care all that much because I felt like I never got to know or understand the characters. When the characters were plotting to get their revenge, I felt like I should be glad for them, but still, didn't care all that much. I felt very distant from the story, like I was observing from afar, but never emotionally invested in what was happening.

It took much longer than it should have for me to finish this book. At one point, I set it aside and read something else because this wasn't holding my interest.

I thought I'd really enjoy this book based on the description, but in the end I didn't.

I received a copy of this via NetGalley. 

No comments: