Friday, July 21, 2017

Review: Bonfire by Krysten Ritter

I really wanted to read this book because I've become a Krysten Ritter fan as a result of watching Jessica Jones. Because of that, as I read the book, I may have been sort of picturing Jessica Jones as the main character - which isn't fair, but isn't entirely far off. She's not a superhero, but she's kind of a badass trying to uncover some dark secrets in her hometown after being away for ten years. I liked the characters, they were believable and interesting. This sort of explores the dark side of small town life. Having grown up in a small town, I could very much relate to some of this.

It's been a while since I read the book, and I'm not sure why I never got around to writing a review, but I did enjoy the book. It's a good, engrossing suspenseful mystery. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys the Gone Girl or Girl on the Train type books. I do like books like that, so I enjoyed this.

I received a copy of this via NetGalley.

No comments: