Monday, March 11, 2019

Review: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely FineEleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really good book. The author captured the details and feelings of being alone so accurately. Like some of this story, the descriptions of Eleanor going about her life, the routines, the organization, hit really close to home. I can't relate to the horrible, tragic backstory, but I know very well what it's like to go through life alone - and living in a world that doesn't understand people who are alone.

I really loved the characters, all of them. I loved seeing how Eleanor gradually began to allow people into her life.

The twist at the end, I was sort of expecting it, but I wish there had been more elaboration. Like it was accepted so easily and they just moved on. But maybe I feel that way because I wasn't ready for the book to end and let the characters go.


View all my reviews

No comments: