Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Review: A Countess by Chance by Kate McKinley

Lately, I've been reading very long books about heavy topics.  I wanted a break.  I wanted something fun and quick, that I could finish before going to bed.  I read the first story Kate McKinley's By Invitation Only series, so felt pretty confident that I'd enjoy this as well.

It's a cute, short story.  The couple split up years ago and run into each other at a party.  I enjoy reading stories like this, in these fun settings, someone's big, fancy house, with everyone just playing games and dancing.  Sounds so nice.

Anyway, they see each other, and the attraction is still there, but there's also quite a bit of anger.  As you can imagine, they work through this.  Very hot and sexy scene in the library.  I do love libraries. 

I liked this.  It's exactly the sort of story I wanted.  Short and sweet and hot.  Will continue to read this series.

I received a copy of this via NetGalley.

No comments: