Thursday, April 17, 2014

Review: Her Best Laid Plans by Cara McKenna

I enjoyed this story so much! I liked the characters - Jamie who just got out of relationship and ready to get her life back on track and Connor the sexy bartender who is also on the verge of trying to become a responsible adult, the setting - Ireland, the storyline - Jamie's in Ireland to take a vacation before returning to Boston for school, she just wants a holiday fling.

She meets Connor her first night in Ireland, at a local pub near the house where she's staying. She jokes that she and Connor are the only two in the area under 30. She only has ten days, and she wants to have some fun. And does she ever.

Because of their limited amount of time, they can't be bothered with the usual courting, "getting to know each other" rules. They enter into this knowing that after ten days, they'll probably never see each other again. This story is so hot and so sexy. I really, really liked it. It's the sort of book I want to tell all my friends to read because it's so enjoyable and fun and, oh, did I mention, sexy?

This is a quick, fun read.  This story is exactly what I expect from the Cosmo Red Hot Reads line - a story about a young woman, doing what she wants, deciding what's best for her and having a great time in the process.

Even though her work has been recommended to me in the past, this is the first story I've read by Cara McKenna, but I will definitely be reading more in the future.

No comments: