Monday, January 21, 2019

Review: Claiming the Wolf by Michele Hauf

Claiming The WolfClaiming The Wolf by Michele Hauf
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just finished reading This Strange Witchery, in which a character from this book is mentioned. Having read a lot of books set in this same world, I was surprised that I wasn't familiar with the character. But at the end of the book, the authors lists the other books in which characters are mentioned. I looked up this book and for some reason it was marked as "maybe" - I think maybe this character was mentioned in another book that I read a while ago and I didn't like him so I wasn't going to read his book? I'm not sure why I would have marked this as maybe because I read just about anything I can find by this author.

Anyway, I downloaded the book last night to read it. It's a novella, so it's a quick read, but still a really good story. Because of the shorter format, the characters don't waste anytime to getting to know each other. This story is so hot - but still in a way that seems real and convincing. A werewolf gets bitten by a vampire. He's furious that he now craves blood, and goes to confront the vampire. He can't stay angry with her though because he realizes that she's also trapped in a situation in which she never asked to be. There they find common ground and realize it makes more sense to help each other out than remain enemies. It's a really nice love story, as well as being really sexy.

And because of the book I read last night, I sort of know what the future holds for these characters, so that was nice.

I enjoyed this story a lot. Read most of it while at the salon getting my hair highlighted, but it was a great way to pass the time and make the most of a day off work.


View all my reviews

No comments: