Sunday, October 14, 2018

Review: Whiskey & Ribbons by Leesa Cross-Smith

Whiskey & RibbonsWhiskey & Ribbons by Leesa Cross-Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book, it kept me up reading well into the early morning hours. Really a heartbreaking about a woman who has lost her husband, and how she and his brother come to terms with the loss. I liked that we are able to see how the relationship began, because then you see why their grief is so intense. This was a happy marriage, they were expecting their first child, and then it ended.

The brother steps in to take care of his brother's wife. His brother, who was a police officer and often worried that he might not survive the job, had often asked that his brother take care of his wife should something ever happen to him.

I would have liked this book a whole lot more if the ending had been different though. The ending this had made me a little uncomfortable, wrapped things up a bit too conveniently. I think it would have made more sense if they had realized what was happening to them was the result of grief and a shared love for the man they lost. But that's just me. Still a really good book.


View all my reviews

No comments: