Sunday, October 21, 2018

Review: Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin

Tales of the City (Tales of the City, #1)Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really enjoyed this. When I was in high school, I watched the TV series on PBS and loved it. I wanted so very much to someday find my own place at 28 Barbary Lane.

That was twenty-five years ago. I'd not thought much about the story until last weekend, when I decided I wanted to visit San Francisco for my birthday. That's when I remembered why I had once yearned to go to San Francisco. Turns out, I already had the book on my kindle.

To prepare for my trip next weekend, I decided to read Tales of the City. And it was wonderful.

Really a fun book about a group of friends living in San Francisco during the late 70s. Deals with so many issues that remain relevant today. The story didn't feel dated at all. I now want to read the rest of the series - I think I've got several of the books at my parents' house, so will wait until after the holidays before purchasing what I don't already have.




View all my reviews

No comments: