Saturday, November 10, 2018

Review: Dracul by Dacre Stoker

DraculDracul by Dacre Stoker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm so glad this book exists. Such an interesting take on origins of Bram Stoker's novel. I love Dracula so much, and this book, while feeding my interest in the character, also makes me crave more. I plan to search for all the texts mentioned by the authors at the end of the book.

The book took a bit longer for me to read that I would have liked, but I feel that had more to do with so many things going on in the real world rather than anything wrong with the book. However, because of that, it was a slow start for me. But once I finally had a chance to sit down and read, I sort of flew through the last half of the book. Plenty of action and suspense, as well as history and a healthy dose of gore to keep this story moving.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in Bram Stoker's Dracula. I checked this out from the public library, but I'll eventually be buying a copy because I feel I'll be re-reading often in the future, along with my frequent re-reads of Dracula.


View all my reviews

No comments: